2002 Tokyo Zokei University - Bachelor
2005 Tama Art University - Master
2015 UMPRUM - Master, with scholarship by Czech government & POLA
Solo exhibition - 4 times between 2005-2010, 1 time on May 2022, in Tokyo
Group exhibition of illustration - in Tokyo(JP), Kolding (DK), Prague(CZ)
”Kouzlo Psané Rukou”
Illustration of a children book written by Nikola Klanicová, published by
I paint and illustrate, and although the two are connected to the same 'I', they have very different origins.
The way I paint my paintings is similar to calligraphy or calligraphy. Generally, if I tinker with it for more than three hours, it rots and the inspiration collapses. During that time, my way of painting is to just single-mindedly follow what has come down, the path shown on the paper.
Most of the time, I am only shown a starting point and the next stroke on the paper, and if I follow it, the painting is done. I always draw without knowing what I am going to draw.
Everything else, for example, the pictures I draw to set up a plan or a story and express a concept, are illustrations. Both are important means of expressing me, and both are me.
Before I came to the Czech Republic, I used mainly finger-painting powders, such as charcoal and pastels, but in the meantime I went through oil and watercolour, and after I came to the Czech Republic I started using black ink and coloured ink as my main tools.
The biggest difference between the former and the latter is water. Water is fluid and cannot be completely controlled. I try not to calculate these things completely and use my intuition.
Since I started working with these 'coincidences', my paintings are even more left to chance than before. More specifically, my way of working is to demonstrate my conviction that I don't need to know what inspiration is telling me to do.
The Latin-derived meaning of Inspiration is 'to inhale God'. It is a state of accepting the divine spirit (ghost) into oneself in some way and becoming a part of oneself. The Japanese word 'Reikan' also literally means the feeling that a spirit enlightens us to something greater than our individual comprehension, and that we can certainly 'feel' it. The one condition I absolutely want to achieve in my production is how I can represent the 'inspiration' I have received in its purest form on paper.
Although I am slower than other people, recently I feel that I have finally become able to comfortably create the kind of screens I want to create, and this is what I intend to use in the future to create the 'paintings and stories' that I have been planning for 20 years. During my 10 years in Czech Republic, I have been encouraged by many new encounters, and I have been 'inspired' and enlightened, and I have finally made it this far. I would like to continue to create in a straight forward way.
The artworks listed on the website are available for sale or on semi-custom order.
Purchase of artwork
- Purchase of original paintings and delivery of scanned data.
- The price for a painting is between 300-1000€.
- The time of delivery depends on the occasion. If you live in CZ or EU, it'd be no problem. If in other countries, currently unavailable. Let's pray this crazy situation of the war will soon end!
- Please specify the name of the work when making an enquiry by e-mail.
- Please specify two or three keywords or motifs that you would like to have drawn. (e.g. flower name, atmosphere, colour tone, etc.)
- Please specify the size of the finished product. (e.g. A4 size, F6-10, 50cm x 50cm, etc.)
- Please only order if you can completely leave the details of the painting to me.
- Retakes (redraws) are not accepted.
- If the work is not completed due to lack of motivation on our part, etc., I will refund the full amount as soon as possible.
I can design the entire design for business cards, postcards, gift cards, self-published books, etc., including the picture and text, and create and submit the data for printing.
Budget: approx. 400 - 1000€ (depending on size, number of pictures and designs, and amount of work).